Welcome to this blog. This blog is a place where we can express thoughts and feelings ... maybe to share them with other like-minded people. For those who are NOT like-minded (and we've seen a few comments), please will you just leave? Your lack of understanding of our situation in life is not welcome. Please take your words and go elsewhere. For those who may accidentally stumble across this blog AND who know us in real life, please contact us directly to see how we are doing. Do not rely on this blog to inform you. Thanks!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How?


I've been going a bit crazy.

In my mind.

Too much thinking.

We've had some bad news. About Craig's health. Unexpected news. Upsetting news. Health issues which will not go away or get better.

The car has needed more work done. Expensive work.

I still haven't heard from my uncles, except when they rang to say their neighbours were complaining about our car. This is the third (or fourth) time their neighbours have complained about our car, so we'll be parking our car elsewhere from now on.

I still want a child.

But I don't know how to get one.

We could get pregnant with another child, our fourth. But I'm just plain scared another child of ours would die. There's no reason it would, but there's no reason it wouldn't.

We could adopt. But I truly don't believe that we will ever be approved for adoption.

We could use a donor embryo, or take our chances with donor sperm or a donor egg. But Craig fears babies.

Yet, I still desperately want to parent a living child.

So, how?

Will I really spend the rest of my life missing my children? Regretting many, many things? And yearning for a living child?

What an absolutely miserable existence that will be. For me. For Craig.

But all I'm doing at the moment is existing. From day to day. And it's awful. It really is. I have no joy in my life. I have no hope in my life. I see no future. It seems pretty pointless really.

Except. Except, I have Craig. But when I tell him that I am sad, or that I have no hope, or that I see no future, he says that I am enough for him, and therefore he should be enough for me.

How do I explain? How can I say that it's not about him not being enough, that it's about this great big gaping hole in my life where there should be a child? How? Because he does not understand. I've tried to explain, but he does not get it.

And everyone around us, they're just getting on with their lives. They and their children and their grandchildren, they're just getting on with it. And I hate it. I hate it that they all have what I should have. What I had. What I want.

And other people have their babies. And their pregnancies. And their healthy newborns. And I can't stand it. And I'm supposed to be happy for them. But how can I be? How? When I'm so absolutely miserable myself?

I had a meeting with a doctor last week. One of the doctors who will decide whether I'm eligible for a pension. He asked if I took painkillers. And how often I took them. And whether they helped. What an idiot. And these are the people who make decisions which will irrevocably affect my life.

F*ck. My life sucks. No other way to say it.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Mirne, if I had the money, I would book a flight and head out to visit with you in a heartbeat.

I continuously hold you and Craig in my thoughts. I would give anything to make the world better for both of you <3

Maddie said...

Wishing and hoping you have some joy and hope in your future somehow.

bir said...

I've come to the conclusion this week that our men have extreme difficulties in understanding a feeling that they can't relate directly to. But I don't know how to help you to explain to Craig that the yearning of a mother for her child that is missing (i.e. A child when one is missing) is a physical yearning... that there is a piece of your heart now missing. Three pieces even. Women seem to understand that men and women are different, have different needs, emotions, than the other, but men even find that hard to fathom. Well, mine does.

Love to you always Mirne. I wish we could help Craig to see.

Hugs to both of you.. x

Mumof2angels said...

*hugs* Mirne, I too can't help Craig understand. We all know men handle things differently to women, but I am sure somewhere deep down inside he understands your want/need to parent a living child and I wonder if his overwhelming fear (which I know you also have) is preventing him from acknowledging it. Really, I don't know I just wonder. As for being happy for others, I really believe that noone (well noone with any common sense) expects you to be happy for them and what they have in their lives. I believe it is impossible to be happy for someone else when you don't have any happiness yourself, and I really hope that noone is putting that pressure on you because it would be really unfair. And please don't put that pressure on yourself, you have enough of a challenge living day to day and dealing with your own emotions let alone dealing with other peoples xoxo

Brooke said...

You're right that surviving day to day is a terrible way to live. Anyone who endures what you have endured deserves much joy to help them mitigate so great a pain. I hope and pray that it comes to you soon. I am so sorry that you are suffering. Grief is exhausting for the body and the soul.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you and Craig have been hit with some bad news lately. My hubby has two chronic illnesses and I know it is not easy, for either of us.

I don't know *how* another child will come into your lives, and I know it won't erase your longing and sorrow for Freyja, Kees or Jet, but I do still have hope for you, that another child WILL come into your lives and will live and thrive and love you to pieces, and cherish the life that you and Craig will provide him or her.

I am sending you and Craig so much LOVE because that is all I can do right now. I wish desperately that I had 3 wishes or a magic wand or something - I promise you would be the first person I would use it for.

Hang in there, my dear.

Post a Comment