Welcome to this blog. This blog is a place where we can express thoughts and feelings ... maybe to share them with other like-minded people. For those who are NOT like-minded (and we've seen a few comments), please will you just leave? Your lack of understanding of our situation in life is not welcome. Please take your words and go elsewhere. For those who may accidentally stumble across this blog AND who know us in real life, please contact us directly to see how we are doing. Do not rely on this blog to inform you. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fear

I was reading a post at Glow In The Woods recently. About being alone. And it really struck a chord with me.

I never feared being alone. Until after my children died. Because suddenly my life bubble had popped. There was suddenly no such thing as "happily ever after". Suddenly I realised that life is fleeting. That life is precious. That we have no control over how long we live or when we die.

So I suddenly feared being alone. I feared losing Craig. And it's not getting any less. That fear. In fact, the fear just keeps growing.

I have read other blogs, other posts, also written by baby-lost mommas, where they also have that fear. But most other BLM's go on to have perfectly healthy, living children. So their fear subsides. The constant fear lessens for them.

But my fear is very real. And it hasn't lessened. In fact, with the deaths of Freyja, then Kees and then Jet, my fear increased. So that today, when it's more than two years after Jet's death, I still wake in the middle of the night, and have to check that Craig is warm and breathing. (After waking to find Jet cold and dead, warm and breathing is critical.) And every time I wake and go to check Craig, there's a part of me that fears finding him cold and dead. Just like I found Jet.

Craig has been doing lots of work on our car recently. He's been doing most of the work at a friend's place. Our friend has a driveway, garage and lots of tools. All things which we don't have. Anyway, today we are at our friend's place. Initially Craig was going to go by himself, and I would stay at home. But over the last few days I became so anxious about it, about him travelling 100 km down south, and then 100 km back north again, that I came along with him (like I usually do). The anxiety, the fear, the worries - I couldn't do it. It's far simpler to just come along.

I wonder whether this fear will ever go away.

I wonder if I will ever be able to let Craig go and do things on his own.

I wonder whether I will ever wake at night and not fear he is dead.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Amy said...

It's hard. EAch time Jason is out riding his bike I have to push away and silence the voice that says "he could be dead, hit by a car, on the side of the road dying". Or "He could have crashed in the woods, paralyzed, dead". It's terrible to have this sense of dread and fear. I am a worrier and that has intensified over the last 4 years. It drives Jason crazy but I can not help it. I think of all the bad things that can happen to those I love and I worry....

When I can't take it anymore I say outloud "AMY STOP IT!!!" and force myself to think of a positive outcome, or at least not a fatalistic one.

Post a Comment