The letter to my family.
Only my sister L has responded, and she chose the opportunity to seize on the one thing in the letter which is about her and her family. Never mind that 98% of the letter is not about her but about me.
Of course, she did what they all do. They make it about them.
What a surprise.
:::
We bought a new teapot yesterday. A replacement teapot.
I had a lovely teapot which was given to me as a house warming present by my aunt many years ago. It broke just before Jet was born. I was very upset about it. I blogged about it here. But we have a new one now. It's not as nice, but it's still nice.
What a shame we can't just get a replacement baby to replace the broken ones.
:::
I blogged some time ago about what I thought would happen to me if Jet died. I blogged about it here.
And guess what? It turns out that I know myself very well. It turns out that I have suffered so many baby losses that I know what will happen before it ever does.
Because it's all happening just like I thought it would.
:::
This is a post-script. My father responded to the letter too. The only thing he had to say was that some of the things I say in the letter HURT HIM AND MY MOTHER AND MY FAMILY. Unbelievable. Again, it's all about them.
I wonder if they EVER think about how much Craig and I hurt every single second of the day??




5 comments:
Oh honey im so sorry they cant see past their noses to see your apin, family suck when you really need them, i do hope one day they get to understand the pain you are both in, in some small way .
Dont let the anger consume you honey dont let it overtake you and take whats left of the good sweet i know its hard but we are here we are not family but we love you both of you.
xxxx
I'm so sorry that the letter to your family didn't help. I'm sorry that they have made it all about them when you were actually trying to express how YOU felt. They obviously don't understand that, in this case, it really isn't about them at all.
I wish that they could be supportive of you and Craig. I wish that they could understand just a little.
I've just been back to read the old posts that you have referred to here. My heart just breaks for you. xo
Hello Mirne, Thanks for inviting me to read your blog. I have been reading and catching up on what you have written and just thinking about you and Craig and the pain you must be in. Words fail me when i think about how anyone in your lives could possibly make it about them....i just don't understand but then i think about how flawed human beings can be...it's just so sad that your family can't put their own pain aside and shoulder just a little of yours and be there for you. Now i'm rambling but i just want you to know that although you don't know me, I am here and listening and caring so much about what is happening for you and Craig. With love, suz xxx
I'm so sorry your family can't see beyond themselves, its sad they can't see that this is NOT about them. I'm sorry for the way they behave to you, Craig and in honour of your 3 children.
Many *hugs*
I have no words, Mirne. I wish everything was so very different for you. Everything. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment