I've been very angry recently.
Angry that our children are dead.
Angry that the doctors do not know why they died.
Angry that if I got pregnant again, that child would probably also die.
Angry that almost all other baby-lost mums get their so-called rainbow babies, but I don't.
Angry at just about everything really.
I'm also angry that my life has gone. The life I had, it is now gone. The career I had, it is also gone. The confidence I had, gone. The abilities I had, gone. All of it, just gone. And the life I should have had, as a mother to my living children, that's gone too.
It's just shit really.
:::
I only had one requirement in life: that I not look back and have regrets. That I not regret the road not taken. That I not regret the things undone.
And I was successful.
Until my children started dying. Until then I had no regrets. I created opportunities, and chose wisely. I worked hard, and studied harder. I had no regrets.
But now. All I ever seem to be doing is regretting. My life is now filled with anger, sadness, grief, anxiety, stress and regret.
And no-one cares. Except Craig.
Isn't it funny that when you're doing well, when you're successful in life in whatever capacity, then everyone wants a part of it. They all want to take credit and share in your joy, success and glory. But when everything goes pear-shaped, well, then it's a different story. Then people just seem to melt away, disappear into the distance, maybe occasionally heard from again, but (more likely) never to be heard from again.
It sucks.
:::
I came across an article today on the net, about a girl who died as a result of something called sudden arrhythmia death syndrome (SADS). Check out this site and also this one. I read the article and thought, maybe this is what our kids had. Maybe this is somehow linked to the as yet unknown heart condition which Craig has. Our cardiologist said that if our children's deaths were heart-related deaths, then it would have been electrical problems in the heart, not muscular/physical ones. Because muscular/physical ones would have been picked up in the autopsies, whereas electrical ones can only be seen, recorded and diagnosed whilst the person is alive.
Anyway, so then I read the article, find out some facts, and think OMG maybe this is it.
I wonder if I'll be looking and searching for a reason for their deaths forever. I hope the doctors find out what it was. Maybe then I can have a little peace.





8 comments:
I wish I had the words to make you feel better. But I know that nothing anyone can say can heal your heart. Just know that I'm thinking about you and sending love your way.
It is shit and I wish it was different for you. Sending love.
It is shit. Yup. Fucked even. Totally.
I wouldn't say that nobody (italics) cares, because there are some of us out here who care enough to cry for you. Or maybe it's a jointly selfish cry, because my son is also not here, and how fucking unfair it all is and why did it happen to all of your children. So much of your heart. But if you mean the 'proverbial' nobody cares, where we refer more so to those in our real lives, then yeah, I get it.
What do you regret Mirne? I know that feeling too... it was probably my one goal in life, to have none. But I do have some now. I don't regret having my son though, even if he had to die. I wish with all of my life it didn't have to happen. But if I could turn back time, I couldn't leave out the chance to meet him.
Hugs x
ugh. big fat ugh. It does suck and I hate it for you.... for me.
I had not heard of SADS... could this be what Liam died from as well? Like your sweet Jet he had no signs of trouble until after being born. Nothing showed up on autopsy. He was perfect... ecxept he died. I'll never know.
((((hugs))))
I hate it for all of us Mirne.
My hope for you is that you do get that peace you so desire in regards to know how each of your beautiful children passed away. It's just not fair that you do not know and I would change that in a heartbeat for you.
*hugs*
please know I made my blog private because I keep having someone anonymous person post horrible things on my blog. I know reading of a pregnancy is hard stuff but I wanted you to know there is always a spot for you on my blog list. Please just send me an email at cmp1706@gmail.com
<3
I know what you mean....I think MIR put it perfectly!
I lost many friends after Savannah died...I think I got too hard for them....
I don't think that longing and wondering "why" will ever go away, not ever!
Sometimes there are no reasons for the insaneness of it all.
I regret my daughter's horrific suffering but never regret the things she taught me about life and that I had her for just for a while....
sending love to you, there is really nothing I can say to take away your pain...just sending a hug from one mom to another who knows!
love
Diana x
I try to live without regrets, even though life keeps punching me in the backside.
I just want you to know, Mirne, I am proud to have you as a friend and I share not just your sorrow with my sorrow and the feelings of anger over the hard reality of being without living children. I share your joys and your happiness (however fleeting)and your achievements. Hell, Mirne, we've come and are going all the way. We will show that MoFo the finger and laugh in it's face because we will make sure our life has meaning again and we can make peace somehow, somewhere. I believe in that, I have to because there is nothing else, sure there isn't?
You are right Ines. There is nothing else :-(
Post a Comment