Of course he was born earlier. Kees birth was induced when I was 37 weeks pregnant.
Kees was born in the very early hours of 1 February 2008. It was snowing.
He was 52 cm long and weighed just over 3.5 kg.
He died in the hospital where he was born just after midday on 21 March 2008. He was nearly 6 kg. It snowed that day too.
He was seven weeks old on the day he died.
:::
Freyja's due date was 16 October 2006.
But she died inside me, probably in the early hours of 24 July 2006.
Freyja was born in the early hours of 25 July 2006 when I was just over 28 weeks pregnant.
She was 42 cm long and weighed 1.4 kg.
:::
Jet's due date was 12 September 2009.
He was born earlier too. He was born in the early hours of 29 August 2009 (my sister's 40th birthday), as the result of a planned induction when I was 38 weeks pregnant.
He was 51 cm long and weighed just over 3.2 kg.
He also died in the hospital where he was born, but that's because he never got a chance to go home.
Jet died when he was just 3 days old in the early hours of the morning of 1 September 2009.
:::
They were all born with lots of very dark hair. They all had their dad's lips and chin and ears. Freyja had my nose and eyes. Kees had my eyes and a nose which was a bit like his dad's. Jet had my eyes and his dad's nose. Freyja had green eyes, like me. Kees and Jethro had dark brown eyes, like their dad.
They all looked like each other, and they also looked like us. Amazing. Usually babies just look like babies.
They were beautiful, beautiful children.
:::
Two years ago today.




4 comments:
These dates are so hauntine, Mirne. I'm so sorry you don't have your beautiful children. I know how badly you must want another child-and the donor egg sounds fascinating. I can completely understand Craig's fear-my gosh-you have been through THE absolutely worst anyone could ever make it through. (I'm commenting on your last post, too, sorry to jump around).
I'm thinking of Kees today on his due date.
Your children were very, very beautiful.
Oh honey ive been thinking of Kees all day , hugs , huge hugs for you both XXX
Freyja, Kees and Jet were all absolutely beautiful.
'Usually babies just look like babies.' I think I understand what you mean. And your children, somehow don't look like those usual babies, their features seem clearer somehow.
Remembering xo
thinking of you mirne and craig. I wish had more words xxxxx
Post a Comment