Welcome to this blog. This blog is a place where we can express thoughts and feelings ... maybe to share them with other like-minded people. For those who are NOT like-minded (and we've seen a few comments), please will you just leave? Your lack of understanding of our situation in life is not welcome. Please take your words and go elsewhere. For those who may accidentally stumble across this blog AND who know us in real life, please contact us directly to see how we are doing. Do not rely on this blog to inform you. Thanks!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Changes

I've made some changes to my blog. The name of the blog, for instance.

I've thought about making my blog public again. So the change of name (in both the name of the blog itself and the web address) is to reduce the number of hits it may otherwise get on internet search engines.

What do you think? Any advice about my thoughts of going public again? I'd appreciate any comments you have.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

As you know, I went private too. And sadly, I found that once I did the support all but stopped. In the end, everyone I still allowed to view it, I deleted. If you aren't willing to support me whether I am public or private, then you weren't really there for me to begin with. I guess you need to ask yourself why you went private in the first place. Then ask yourself why you want to go public and why you write your blog. Mine is for me, I write for me and only me. I don't need the world to see my inner most thoughts. I was getting to the point that I was censoring my thoughts because I was public, and I didn't want that. I hope you find peace in whatever decision you make. *hugs*

Claudia said...

Mirne, very difficult decision. I personally chose to write another blog besides Mias blog, and that one was private and only a few were allowed to read that one. I didn`t want everybody to know my deepest thoughts....but to be honest, I didn`t want "some" friends and family"-members to read my thoughts.

I always appreciated other bloggers comments, people who just crossed the blog by blog-hopping or so. Support from others helped me pretty much and some true friendships came out of that- but only from the public one.

Difficult decision....but on the other hand, you can always go private again, right?

Love, as always

Catherine W said...

I think you can make your blog 'unsearchable' somehow. I would say that I have had a couple of hits from search engines on my own blog (I never get many so I haven't switched the searchable function off) who seem to be looking for you? They are getting my blog because I have a photograph of a candle posted for your Jet and the post has his name as a title?

I think Kristy is right. In a way, it is all to do with what you want to get from your blog.

Personally, I think that other people would benefit from your writing, that it would help them to read your words. But it isn't about them and what they might get from you. It is about you and what you feel you need at the moment.

I've always left my blog public because I wanted to connect with people and yes, selfishly I suppose, I did want support and company. I did (and still do sometimes) feel very lonely in the wake of G's death.

So when my first wave of supporters 'left' as it were, I met new people who were still feeling the same things that I was? And I think that only happened because my blog was still public? I hope that this ramble makes some sort of sense!

Famille Wopat said...

Mirne,
What you've gone through is just so awful-and you deserve support like you've given this whole time. I agree with Catherine that other people would benefit from your words as well, and I also think that if you tried it public you could always go private again if you needed to.
And Kristy, if you read this by chance-I tried e-mailing you 2 or 3 times and never got a response because I wasn't able to comment on your blog always-the comment box would open and I couldn't enter the verification code, thingy. I never got a reply to the e-mails so I wasn't sure if you got them and then all of the sudden it just said I couldn't see the blog anymore:(. So, just so you know-it's not always people not willing to give support! I think of you a lot!

We're here for whatever you decide, Mirne :)
xoxo

Amy said...

I don't know... I've been having the same thoughts myself. After going private I get so few supportive comments. I know who is "allowed" to read and wonder what happened to the support after going private. But at the same time, I know going public is not the right thing to do at this moment. And the point of my blog is releasing my thoughts for myself, not for comments.

I also feel bad that no one new can find my blog.

As far as your blog goes, give it a try. If you get too many hits or unsupportive comments, or if it feels wrong, you can make it private again.

I wish blogger had a way to do password protected posts....

Good luck with making this decision.

Unknown said...

I too wish blogger had a way to do some posts password protected. Sometimes I want to write things I dont' want the whole world seeing...so I just write it in my personal journal.

There's something really validating about putting something out there and having people respond to it, though...I don't know what it is. Cathartic, I guess.

anyway, I'm so glad I found you. I love your honesty and the way you honor your babies through it.

Post a Comment