![[Honest+Scrap.png]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhG08u33gill71hR-sjyr2u8C0WO0-fUHMIIe7wIsank56IhuHX15V28fyjj85A-NlJCaLoXOk7dOEfelrxeAzWer4yCpIHy60qPs10yiJDyoxzG79RUbVuA68Su29s1lFyjMEcFcLQKAI/s1600/Honest+Scrap.png)
This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, those who write from the depths of their soul. Thank you Amy.
There are some simple rules to accept this award. Firstly, pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and, secondly, list 10 honest and hopefully interesting things about yourself.
There are some simple rules to accept this award. Firstly, pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and, secondly, list 10 honest and hopefully interesting things about yourself.
Therefore, I pass on the Honest Scrap award to the following bloggers:
Birni at All the little ponies
Karen at Busy hands
Kristy at I love you to the moon and back
Beth at Safe in this house
Akul's mama at Aaajaa akul
Lindsay at La la land
Isla's mommy at Too beautiful for this earth
My ten honest and hopefully interesting things are as follows:
1. I am a "Trekkie" - yes, I must admit I love Star Trek -- not the original but all the subsequent movies and series.
2. I've driven around the US - that's right, after Freyja died, Craig and I rented an RV (that's a recreational vehicle for non-US readers) and drove 13,500 miles around the entire country.
3. I've run from elephants in Africa (yes, they really were chasing me) and also from hippos -- its amazing how fast you can run when these huge animals are charging you.
4. I am over 6 feet tall.
5. I smoked (yes!!) for 23 years, then I got pregnant and stopped instantly. Un.be.liev.ab.le. I'd tried to quit numerous times, but pregnancy was an instant success.
6. I climbed Ben Nevis in Scotland in vile weather (it was mid-summer, ha ha!). Not something I will ever willingly repeat.
7. My last two cats have been named for politicians. Nelson (black cat) and Blair (never shuts up). I should note that both cats came to me with their names -- I did not choose the names!
8. My husband and I were born in the same month and the same year (but not on the same day) approximately 4 and a half hours apart - but on other sides of the planet. It took us 37 years to get together.
9. I have lost luggage several times - or rather incompetent airlines have lost my luggage several times - usually when I'm on the other side of the world with nothing other than the clothes I'm wearing. Holidaying in dirty clothes is not great.
10. I have tasted (and looooooved) Camembert cheese in the Normandy region in France. Now no other Camembert will ever come close. (I love cheese.)
::::::::::::
On another note, I am 37w6d today.
Tomorrow morning, at some unearthly hour, Craig and I will drag ourselves out of bed, get on to various modes of public transport, and make our way over to our chosen hospital. The plan is to be there by 7.30 am. I'm so not convinced about this time because it means we'll need to be up and about by 5.00 am!
However, this means I won't be blogging for a little while.
I want to thank you all for sharing this part of the journey with me. You've all been very supportive and I feel that you've made this part of my journey much easier simply by being there and sending me your caring and understanding comments. I hope to be able to share the next part of my journey with you too.
I hope that the next time I blog, I shall have Freyja's and Kees' little brother here at home with me.
Hopefully.




35 comments:
Waiting stamping foot in anticipation honey this is your secial angel from Kee's and Freyja
hugs and kisses
K
thinking of you and wishing all the love for tomorrow. We are all with you across the miles! It's been an honour and a privilege to be able to share in your journey. Looking forward to your next post and the arrival of precious Freyja & Kees little brother. With love, suz xx
Thinking of you and Craig for tomorrow. I hope the birth goes well and that your next blog post is about Freyja and Kees' beautiful little brother.
Congratulations on your award. Your ten items are very interesting. Would have never guessed any of them. Looking forward to your baby's pictures. Praying for you.
Good Luck with tom, thinking of you both, hope that everything goes well and look forward to seeing the post about the new little man.
Good luck to both of you...
Your honest scrap award is very well deserved, I loved reading your list.
Thinking of you over the next few days. Can't wait to meet Freyja and Kees' brother.
Much love xxxx
I got goosmumps when I thought about your next blog - good feeling, Hopeful, nervous jitter kind of chills. I want you to come home with a living baby to blog about! I can't wait to see pics and meet Freyja and Kees' brother. Thinking of you and sending huge ((((((hugs))))).
I too am a Star Trek Next Generation fan! DH(boyfriend back then) and I watched a star trek movie many years ago and were the only ones in the theater! REally cool experience.
Thinking of you loads, Mirne. Waiting and wishing with you.
xo
So much love to you and Craig tomorrow.
Oh Mirne - I so look forward to reading about your new precious one.
Love to you!
Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little guy!
Mirne and Craig,
You will all be in my heart over the next few days.
My love to you all - all 5 of you xxxxx
Carly xxxx
Okay, first - what a life you've led! I am so in awe of so many of these things. Mostly the cheese, I think :)
Second - wow. I got goosebumps reading your ending. I can't believe it's already time. It has been a true honor reading along with you thus far. I will be anxiously awaiting the good news of the new little one. Hoping and praying everything goes smoothly. ((Hugs))
Sending lots of love to you and Craig. I'll be thinking of you and hoping the birth goes really, really, really well, and that your little boy is safe in your arms soon.
It's about 4.30 here in the UK and I've been thinking about you all on and off all day. I hope the journey to meeting your third child is (or is nearly) at a joyful end, ready for a LOOONNNGGG lifetime of parenting.
Can't wait for the next blog.
Much love to you, Mirne and Craig.
Oh, Mirne! I'll be thinking of you constantly until you post again with that boy in your arms. Constantly.
What an interesting idea the Honest Scrap is; it was really fun reading your list of 10 things. I laughed out loud at the elephants chasing you! Wow. You've had an interesting journey in life so far. Thank you for the mention as well.
You don't know me, but I'll be thinking of you and yours with happiness and hope. Good luck!
Come on, baby! I'm so excited and hopeful for you. Please make Craig post a picture and short update.
xoxo
I am waiting here then for good news. I know you are afraid. I will be thinking of you and Craig and the new little one, soon to come.
I can not wait to see the new baby!
All my love and the best of luck..
Lindsay
Thank you so much for the award. I will post it soon..
Mirne & Craig,
I have silently read your blog for quite some time. I will just say that I am thinking of and praying for you and your beautiful family in the days to come.
Sending joy and hope from Rochester, Minnesota.
-MH
Mirne & Craig - You are never far from my thoughts these days....only a few hours left now til you meet your son, Freyja and Kees younger brother. Wishing much joy and peace for you & Craig and many many loud, robust cries from the little one.
Holding you all so very close in my heart....
xoxo
Wishing you so much peace and joy and love and just SPECTACULAR good vibes for tomorrow. I will be praying for all of you. I cannot wait for you to meet your little man, who is not only a piece of each of you but a piece of his older brother and sister as well. Thinking of you...
I've been following your pregnancy, lurking in the shadows for a while now. Just wanted to let you know that positive thoughts are coming your way from Mesa, AZ, and, no matter how many healthy babies you have after a loss, you're still paranoid. Be strong and remember who's with you. They would want you to be happy and enjoy this moment. If it's possible.
Mirne and Craig I am wishing for a healthy little boy and an easy, joyful birth for all of you. I can't wait to see Freyja and Kees little brother. Blessings.
I can't wait to hear all about Freja's & Kees' baby brother. I know he is going to be absolutely precious!
Thinking of you in BC. Lots and lots of positive thoughts and prayers as you welcome a younger brother for Freja and Kees to watch over from heaven.
I just loved reading your ten things Mirne.
I am thinking of you and Craig today. I hope that all goes well and that Freyja and Kees' little brother enters this world safely. Into the arms of such loving parents. He's got two of the good guys, the very best, in you and Craig. I think that his big brother and sister will be there, reflected in him.
I can't wait to hear from you again. Love, thoughts, hopes and prayers go with you today. xx
Thinking of you and your family today - hoping, wishing, praying, all a' that. Can't wait for your next post.
Thinking of you both today, as you embark on another journey in parenthood. I hope beyond hope that this journey will last a lifetime!
*hugs* my friend. I can't wait to hear your update!
Still thinking of you. Not so patiently waiting for an update. Praying all is well and at this exact moment there is a little perfect mister sleeping on your chest. xo
oh hurrah! praying that all has gone well or you and your new little one. heart!
Waiting to hear from you guys....still praying and sending lots of love your way.
thank you for nominating me.. how will i come up with 7 not already nominated???
Can't stop thinking about you---can't wait to hear from you!!! I'm hoping everything is perfect right now and the three of you are resting up in the hospital to come home!!
Post a Comment