Welcome to this blog. This blog is a place where we can express thoughts and feelings ... maybe to share them with other like-minded people. For those who are NOT like-minded (and we've seen a few comments), please will you just leave? Your lack of understanding of our situation in life is not welcome. Please take your words and go elsewhere. For those who may accidentally stumble across this blog AND who know us in real life, please contact us directly to see how we are doing. Do not rely on this blog to inform you. Thanks!

Friday, August 21, 2009

One week to go


Today I am 37 weeks pregnant (hope none of you mind the underwear shot). Although for some reason the counter on the side of this blog is running one day behind. It has done so the whole way. Strange.

When I was this pregnant with Kees, I was at the hospital being induced. As I'm writing this, it's early morning here. Just after 8.00 am. When I was pregnant with Kees, by this time we'd arrived at the hospital and were settling into our hospital room. Full of anticipation and excitement. Just over 17 hours later we would meet our little boy. And fall irrevocably in love.

We're having to wait an extra week before we meet this boy, Kees' brother. I'm none too happy about that, as you might imagine. When we visited the ob yesterday I was rather peeved about having to wait that extra week.

But she didn't care. To her the possibility of my child dying is just that - a possibility, and a remote one at that. Not something that she's going to lose any sleep over. None. Whereas I have lost hundreds of hours of sleep over that very possibility. They're supposed to be "experts" in the field, but they really don't have a clue what we baby-lost mamas go through.

Tomorrow is my birthday. The day after is Craig's. Another reason why we'd hoped this baby might be born at 37 weeks. So he'd be born whilst we were both still 40. Somehow seems so much younger than 41. But no such luck. We'll be 41 when this boy arrives in our world.

Our third baby. Our second son. Our last child. Our last hope.

30 comments:

SirRabbit said...

one week to go!!! Mirne and Craig I am waiting in anticipation and am sending you all my love, support and well wishes to you both - I am thinking of you both - you look great Mirne by the way - I hope both you and Craig have a nice birthday, happy birthday to you for tomm. Thinking of you lots and my fingers and everything is crossed..can Craig get on the computer as soon as possible at the hospital when baby is born..?

ezra'smommy said...

What a gorgeous belly!! Sending you so much love and well wishes as you come down this final stretch

Lea said...

Mirne - you look gorgeous! I am so excited to read about your next little miracle!

Happy Birthday to both of you.

Donna said...

I'm so sorry you have to wait one more week! But I am very excited that you are getting so close. Happy birthday to you and your husband.

T said...

You look gorgeous Mirne!

Happy Birthday today to Craig & tomorrow to you!

Thinking of you so much right now and sending you so much love.

Sophie said...

Looking good Mirne! My belly does NOT look like that... Doesn't help that I am a fatty anyways. Lol.

Happy birthday to you both. I'm sorry you couldn't share this with bubs on the outside. :(
xx

Lindsay said...

I don't mind the underwear shot one bit! I'm happy to see that little boy all curled up and safe in Mama Mirne's belly.
I'm sure you're scared and that's completely normal. I'm hoping for you as well, know that.
I better get to work on that bear, so it can be there for the sweet babay to come home.
Love Lindsay

-clevergirl said...

What a beautiful baby belly, **HUG**

Funsize said...

Wow, you look great! I would love to look that good at 37 weeks!

Hoping that the week flies by with nothing exciting to happen. And happy birthday to both you and Craig.

Once A Mother said...

You look great! I am sending you prayers and hope that this week flies by, and you have your little one safely in your arms. I am sorry that your doctor is not being more sensitive that really stinks. I hope you have a nice, uneventful delivery and will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Tina said...

Happy birthday toyou and Craig. And I can't wait to hear all about this little one's entrance into this world and your lives. xx

Anonymous said...

Hey - you and I have the same birthday! So, Happy Birthday to you (and Craig too). You look gorgeous. I hope this week goes by uneventful and quickly. xo

Kerry said...

Im proud of you honey , your a wonderful , strong , caring and beautiful mummy and mummy to be holding your hand from afar only wish i was closer to you both, tkae care and waiting with great anticipation for this little man to arrive :))

erica said...

Sending love and hoping that this last week is uneventful and goes by as quickly as it can.

Karen said...

You look fantastic, Mirne! Sending you all good thoughts and prayers as you wait to meet this baby. And happy birthdays to you and your husband. (((hugs)))

Juliet said...

You look sooo beautiful, Mirne! Happy birthday to you and your husband. I'm sorry that the OB wouldn't let him be born sooner, and I hope that birthday celebrations tide you over to next week and that your baby's birthday is just around the corner.

Claudia said...

I was wondering if the counter is from a US site and it is behind due to time differences to the Netherlands maybe? Additionally, I hope you and your husband do have wonderful birthdays!

All the best,
Claudia

Fireflyforever said...

What a beautiful belly. I'm sorry that your OB is not more sympathetic to your emotional situation. They seem utterly focussed on the physical at the expense of emotional wellbeing sometimes. I am hoping that somehow this week telescopes itself and passes in a blink of an eye (and a smattering of birthday cake)

Bluebird said...

Counting down with you. . .

Catherine W said...

You look so beautiful. I'm sorry that you will have to wait another week, I can't imagine how hard it must be. I hope that it passes quickly and peacefully for you.

Happy birthday to you and to Craig. Thinking of you and your family so much in this coming week. xx

Akul's mama said...

Hugging you...crying with you...praying with you

Carly Marie said...

Oh Mirne,

I have chills reading your post.

I really hope this week can go as quickly as possible for you my friend xxxxx

Love love love!

Carly x

Anonymous said...

Mirne! Your belly! It's amazing. I am so sorry that you have to wait. I wrote in my post complaining about a pregnant colleague of mine who was complaining that she was due in 2 weeks and her baby wouldn't hurry up and get here. I was NOT referring to your situation or you AT ALL. I wish your little one would just decide right now he's ready to meet you! Please, please keep us updated when you can.
Hopefully you and Craig can do something fun to pass the time on your birthdays!!! :)
xxoo

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Waiting another week really sucks. Like you haven't been waiting long enough for your dream.
He will be here soon and that is so exciting.
Praying for nothing but a perfect son. ((HUGS))

Hope's Mama said...

You're so close Mirne. And happy birthday to you both this week. Thinking of you both, and all of your beautiful babies.
xo

T said...

Just coming over to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY - (well its still your birthday here that is!)

and let you know I was thinking about you.

xoxo

Tash said...

Happy Birthday from one old fart to another (major WINK). Thinking of you all, mightily.

Monica said...

A gorgeous, joy-filled photo. Like you, I'm full of hope! And happy birthday, by the way.

Kristy said...

You look beautiful Mirne. Happy Birthday, Friend.
*hugs*

Lani said...

i know i'm late to post, but i'm just catching up. happy birthday to the 2 of you!

i know its only days away now, so i'm thinking of you guys every minute and sending healthy happy screaming baby vibes.

xo

Post a Comment