Welcome to this blog. This blog is a place where we can express thoughts and feelings ... maybe to share them with other like-minded people. For those who are NOT like-minded (and we've seen a few comments), please will you just leave? Your lack of understanding of our situation in life is not welcome. Please take your words and go elsewhere. For those who may accidentally stumble across this blog AND who know us in real life, please contact us directly to see how we are doing. Do not rely on this blog to inform you. Thanks!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The first day of the rest of my life





That is what today is. The first day of the rest of my life.

I didn't fall apart at the crematorium. I was very anxious about that. It was just Craig and I. I needed to support him as much as he was supporting me. And it's difficult to be supportive if you're falling apart.

But I didn't - I didn't fall apart.

Craig looked at Jet and came back to tell me that Jet still looked like Jet. He still looked beautiful - very Jet-like. So we got to say goodbye properly - like a family should. We got to be together again, the three of us.

And then we went home to pack away the last bits of Freyja-Kees-Jet clothes and furnishings. Again. For the third time. I remember getting all those things out of storage only a few weeks ago. I blogged about it here.

But that was yesterday, that was the last day of the first part of our lives. Today is first day of the rest of our lives. Today we start building our lives without our children, without any children (except for those in our hearts of course).

Tomorrow we go. We go on our memory trip (as our friend Kerry calls it). We go away for what will hopefully be a healing time together.

I leave you with some photos which our friend Kerry took for us. The photos are of our childrens' grave in Australia. My parents purchased the letters for Jet's name and put them on the grave yesterday - so that he will be remembered along with Freyja and Kees. It looks so beautiful. I'm so glad that they were able to do that for our son.


32 comments:

Juliet said...

No words, just hugs.

I hope your trip goes OK.

Suz said...

thinking of you both with love, just love. Suz from Melbourne Australia xxxx
http://segoviadreams.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

The letters look so beautiful Mirne. Wishing you safe travel and the creation of many amazing memories.

Akul's mama said...

I am glad they found a way to have all your three babies together. Nothing I can say makes sense even to me. Just know all your lost baby mom friends will be right here waiting for you. Hugssss

Caroline said...

Very Beautiful Letters for Jet, and SUCH a Sad time for you and your Husband and whole family :(
I know its not lovely at all that all 3 of your babies will be buried right next to each other, but they will be together none the less i just wish they were all together here on earth with you, its just the cruelest most heartbreaking time for you. I just am thinking of you all the time and i hope u have a safe trip.
There are No words that can ever make you feel any better...you have lost so much.
I am so sorry (((((((((HUGE HUGS))))))))
Rest Peacefully Jet with your Brother Kees and Sister Freyja.
xoxoxoxox

bir said...

I'm glad they put those letters there, Mirne. Will be waiting to hear from you when you return. Love to you both xx

Sophie said...

xx

Mumof2angels said...

Mirne, Kerry's photos are beautiful!
Wishing you a peaceful memory trip xoxo

Catherine W said...

Wishing you a peaceful and healing memory trip together.

Jet's letters are beautiful. Your children will always be in your hearts. Always.

'Think of them as living, in the hearts of those they touched, for nothing loved is ever lost, and they were loved so much.'

Scruffy said...

I have wept today, for you and your little babies.

I hope your journey brings you some comfort, helps you to begin healing, and that you and Craig find your love for each other strengthens and renews as you travel. Wishing you peace. And someday, maybe happiness.

Jenni said...

those photos are beautiful. i'm so glad you have family who are able to do this for you. thinking of you so much. may your travels be peaceful. xo

Kerry said...

Oh honey im so glad you like them and im so glad i got to sit with your angels when i couldnt be with you both so far away , with love and hugs now and always as we begin this new journey together, stay safe my friends

XXX

Tina said...

Thank you for sharing the photos, they are beautiful. I hope you and Craig find your time together healing and peaceful. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Much love to you both. xx

Anonymous said...

Sending you both much love. xo

Michele said...

The pictures are beautiful and the letters... how wonderful of the grandparents to do. Sending you loving thoughts for your memory trip. And hugs for this new journey.

Mrs. Spit said...

All beautiful things live in memory, don't they?

mia said...

Wishing you much love,peace and healing on your trip. What a beautiful tribute from your parents.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Please have a safe trip. I will be praying for your health, strength and comfort. Please know that I care about you.

Kristy said...

Beautiful tribute to your son. He is looking down and seeing just how loved he is.

Have a safe trip, full of many wonderful memories, love and strength.

*hugs*

JerseyGirl said...

(((HUGS))) RIP beautiful Jet. Thank you Mirne for sharing the photos with us. I, like many others, have been continually thinking of you both, wishing you peace, and will keep sending love your way. Safe travels on your memory trip.

margaret said...

Oh that's just so heartbreakingly beautiful. What a wonderful kind thing for your parents to do. Hugging you and sending you both my love.

Donna said...

The memorial for Jet is beautiful. It was really wonderful of your family to do that for you.

I hope you and Craig have a good trip together. It is a great way for both of you to have the undivided attention and support you need right now.

Thinking of you and your beautiful family always.

Karen said...

I love the special letters for Jet. How thoughtful and loving of your family to do that for you to see. Wishing you and Craig a very healing time together on your memory trip. xoxoxo

Virginia said...

I'm just so very sorry.

adonize said...

My thoughts and love are with you today and every day, every hour.

Funsize said...

The grave is beautiful. I hope your trip is healing. Freyja, Kees, and Jet will never be far from you, they will always be in your hearts and thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Love and strength to Craig and you. Have a peaceful trip.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Mirne Ive just come across the news of Jet's birth and your tremendous loss. Im so so very sorry, you and Craig are in my heart and thoughts. Jet is a beautiful little man. This is so wrong, this is bullshit, I cant believe this has happened to you.
Im so sorry, I wish things were different.

May baby Jet fly free with our beautiful angels xxxxxxx

Kat(Taya's mum)

Mary said...

Safe travels to you. May you find some peace on your trip.

Erika P said...

The grave is beautiful - and so sad. The letters are very sweet, as are the spring flowers.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

It is so tragic that all the 'proof' of our precious babies lives has to be a beautiful gravesite.
I wish it wasn't so.

Michelle said...

Wishing you well on your travels, Mirne and Craig. I hope you make some special memories and find a way to live the rest of your lives with meaning, happiness and love. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Post a Comment