It looked beautiful. I did it especially knowing I was going to hospital to deliver Jet on the Friday.
It was the Monday after my birthday. The Monday after Craig's birthday. The last week of my pregnancy with Jet.
During this pregnancy, my only pregnancy during the summer, I painted my toenails every fortnight. It gave me something to do. I liked the different colours. I bought lots of different polishes. I painted them every fortnight.
I wore sandals during my second and third trimester with Jet's pregnancy. I was feeling warm. It turned out that during this pregnancy my body temperature was about a degree cooler than it usually is. That meant that I felt the outside (warm) temperature much quicker than I usually did. Hence the sandals. And the toenail polish.
I remember a few weeks before Jet was born, reading on a blog, or in someone's comments, about a new baby-lost mum who did not want to remove the toenail polish she had worn for the birth of her baby. I distinctly remember reading it. And now I know how she feels.
I've been wearing this silver nail polish since 24 August. It's flaking. It doesn't look good any more. It doesn't look good at all.
I remember how happy I was when I put it on. It was hard work. I was over 37 weeks pregnant. It was awkward trying to reach and put three coats of nail polish on ten toes. But I did it. I did it because I wanted to have nice sparkly toenails when Jet arrived in our world. I debated over blue nail polish or silver. I chose silver.
It's time to take it off. It's looking awful. It's not a good memory any more. I did it especially to create a good memory, but it's not a good memory any more.
Time to take off that nail polish today I think.




1 comments:
Oh honey something so simple et with so much meaning behind it big hugs sweet im here thinking of you and Craig .
xxxx
Post a Comment