Welcome to this blog. This blog is a place where we can express thoughts and feelings ... maybe to share them with other like-minded people. For those who are NOT like-minded (and we've seen a few comments), please will you just leave? Your lack of understanding of our situation in life is not welcome. Please take your words and go elsewhere. For those who may accidentally stumble across this blog AND who know us in real life, please contact us directly to see how we are doing. Do not rely on this blog to inform you. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Two weeks ago

Two weeks ago we woke up to find that our sweet boy Jet had died. Apparently in his sleep. For no (as yet) apparent reason.

Two weeks ago I had light in my life. Now I don't.

Two weeks ago I had hope in my life. Now I have none.

Two weeks ago I had joy in my life. Now there is only sadness.

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was restless. I was confused. I was worried. I kept clinging to Craig because I was worried that I would wake up to find him gone too.

My Jet, my sweet boy Jet died, but the clock didn't stop. Not even for a minute. It seems life goes on for everyone but me. I don't know what to do. I'm scared to do anything.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK. THIS SURELY CANNOT BE HAPPENING? WHERE ARE MY CHILDREN?? I WANT THEM BACK. WHERE IS MY LIFE?

21 comments:

Kerry said...

On honey i remember that moment too the moment my phone beeped my heart broke again for you both , i remember im so sorry sweet hold Craig and know many of us are thinking of you both and holding you both very tight today and always.
XXX

Akul's mama said...

oh Mirne I wish there was something I could do ...but what can I. I am myself a childless mom. I have just one baby who too grew wings. I can only tell you this that I have had the exact same thoughts many many times. Hugging you and thinking about both Craig and you.

Sky said...

Mirne it breaks my hearts to read your posts, i can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to loose all of our precious babes.

I can't tell you that it's going to get easier because it doesn't, i can't tell you that you will wake up one day and be happy.

I can't tell you anything that will make you feel better.

All i can tell you is that you are going to have to search for a new kind of normal, a life in which you will always have to deal with grief. It will be with you forever.

Life sucks plain and simple.

Thinking of you always

Scruffy said...

but the clock didn't stop. Not even for a minute. It seems life goes on for everyone but me

Mirne, I think that this is the hardest part of losing someone you love. Someone you really, really love. The clocks keep ticking, the sun still rises and sets and wheel keeps turning. It's so cruel - nothing pauses, even for a moment.

For everyone except you and Craig.

I hope you are both finding each other on your journey.

Catherine W said...

I wish that there was something I could say. You and your husband and your three precious children are in my thoughts. Love xo

Franchesca said...

I have no words, but I am thinking about you and praying that the God of all comfort might help you like no one else can. xx

AnnaBelle said...

I'm so so sorry and I hear you - it seems impossible that time keeps moving forward at it's normal pace while I remain stuck in time where my little boy died.

Much love to you Mirne and Craig (((hugs)))

Tina said...

I wish I could take your pain away. I wish I could give you back all of your children. I wish I could make everything okay. I am so sorry Mirne & Craig. I think about you and your beautiful babes all the time. Much love to you both. xx

Kristy said...

The clock didn't keep going for all of us who have lost babies. We KNOW your pain, we can FEEL your pain. One day at a time, one hour at a time, and really one minute at a time.

Your life will never be "normal" like it used to again. You will find a new normal, a new way of going through each day. Each of those days might be filled with tears and thats okay.

Lots of *hugs*

Tim said...

Thinking of you all this morning as you grieve the incredible loss of precious Jet.

Karin said...

I am so sorry. I remember that feeling well, very very well. How on earth does time not stop?? (((((hugs)))))) My heart goes out to you in your agony. Words cannot suffice.

Trisha Larson said...

You did NOT deserve this. It's not fair!!! It just plain stinks and I'm so sorry for that.

Just know that time has stopped for others as well. It's hard to go on with life on earth when our babies are taken to Heaven without our consent.

Hugs,
Trisha

erica said...

Wishing everything were different and sending love.

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry. That is all that I can say, but it's so true. I think of you two often..

Beth said...

I am so so so incredibly sorry for your losses. You, your husband and your beautiful babies are in my thoughts.

Karen said...

I wish so much all of us here could turn back the clock and create a different reality for you both today. I'm so sorry, Mirne and Craig. Still thinking of you and your beautiful babies. (((hugs)))

Amy said...

It is so painful to watch everyone go on with their lives when time has stopped and left you in a torture filled moment. It sucks. How can life be back to normal for everyone else when your life is stuck in hell?

I can only offer you my love and support. Keep breathing. Hold onto whatever keeps you from sinking.

((((hugs))))

Inanna said...

I'm here. Feeling helpless and hopeless and angry, still so angry, and wishing it away for you. And none of it is about me or the pain I feel for you, because it can't even touch your pain, it can't even come close. I can't do anything but be here and witness and hold you and Craig and your babies in my aching heart. I'm just so at a loss.

Lea said...

Mirne - you are never far from my thoughts.

Mary said...

I remember how awful those days were as a matter of fact they still are. If there was something I could do or say, I would. I am at such a loss for words that could ease your pain. Your sweet children should be with you.

Michele said...

Oh Mirne... I want them back too. For all of us.

Post a Comment