Welcome to this blog. This blog is a place where we can express thoughts and feelings ... maybe to share them with other like-minded people. For those who are NOT like-minded (and we've seen a few comments), please will you just leave? Your lack of understanding of our situation in life is not welcome. Please take your words and go elsewhere. For those who may accidentally stumble across this blog AND who know us in real life, please contact us directly to see how we are doing. Do not rely on this blog to inform you. Thanks!
4 comments:
Seriously considering it, though it is a five-six hour flight from the East Coast, but wouldn't it be great?
So wish I could go :(
When Mirne told me about this I was angry. Why isn't there one for fathers? Or for couples? Why is it that there is so much support for mothers, but not for the other half of the grieving parents? It's the same with friends and family. They always ask me how Mirne is going, but (almost) noone asks Mirne how I am going.
I hope that we will maybe, one day, be in a position to run a retreat for both parents so that fathers are not forgotten. Because, except for among the community of baby-loss parents (and even by some in that community), mothers are the only ones who cry. Fathers cry too. I cry every day for my lost babies, for who they could and should have been, for everything about them that we will never know.
Hi Craig, Yes, it is frustrating. I luckily have a few close friends (one male, several female) that actually ask and care how I'm going too. I really appreciate that. But yes, I get many more enquiries on how my wife is going (rather than myself).
The Mum of Angels room over at forum.birth.com.au even felt sorry enough for me to let me in. :) Feel free to drop in and say hi. I think that's where I first heard about Freyja and Kees (and yourself and Mirne).
Thomas.
Post a Comment